Described by many as India's most reclusive & multi-faceted composer, Mithoon is the man behind some of the most haunting & soulful melodies in recent times.
In 2013, Mithoon’s super hit track, 'Tum Hi Ho' from the movie Aashiqui 2 set the charts on fire and broke all records and not surprisingly, swept away all the awards in almost all the categories
- Best Lyrics Award at the Star Guild Awards
- Best Song Award at Big Star Entertainment Awards
- Best Song & Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at GiMA
- Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at Filmfare Awards
- Best Lyrics, Best Song & Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at Zee Cine Awards
- Song of the year, Music Composer of the year, Album of the year & Listener's choice of the year Award for Aashiqui 2 at Mirchi Music Awards.
- Best Lyrics & Best Music Awards at IIFA
'Tum Hi Ho' was also nominated at the MTV European Music Awards.Background -
Mithoon was born into a family of musicians. His grandfather, Pandit Ram Prasad Sharma imparted music knowledge to thousands of aspirants, many of whom are amongst today's top musicians. His father, Naresh Sharma was a leading music arranger having worked with almost all the top composers in more than 200 movies and his uncle Pyarelal ji formed one half of the legendary composer duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
Mithoon began his career as a composer in 2006 at the young age of 22 with the movie 'Bas Ek Pal'. A song in the movie 'Tere Bin' catapulted Pakistani singing sensation Atif Aslam into the limelight. Mithoon followed this up with another melodious score for 'Anwar'. Later movies like 'The Train', 'Lamhaa', '3G' etc followed and although the movies did not fare too well, the music was very well received.
Mithoon also scored music for a Malaysian movie called 'Diva' where he collaborated with Malaysian R&B singer, Ning Baizura.
He has been a guest composer on a host of movies including 'Murder 2' & 'Jism 2'. Mithoon's forthcoming projects include Kaash, Shab & Shivaay